Patrimonio y cultura - SANXENXO

There are many monuments and buildings that can be found in each of the parishes of Sanxenxo, each of which contains part of the municipality's history. There are numerous churches and chapels and manors and noble houses or buildings such as water mills, granaries, wash or stone crosses.

 Among them we include:


Church of San Xinés: Formerly located at the site of Aldariz, to be moved about 1670 to the village of Sanxenxo. The style is known as a typical "marine style" of the mendicant orders of the s. XIV to s. XVI. The floor of the building is rectangular, with a narrower than the nave apse, carrying two chapels on the sides to form the arms of the cross: the Chapel of St. Joseph (1688) and Purification (1710). On the facade it is exhibited today at the Virgen del Carmen with scallop-shaped aura. Above we can see a rosette and a simple cross carved stone. In this temple is dedicated to the Virgen del Carmen, San Xinés and Santa Rosalia of Palermo (recluse lawyer against plague, represented in a wood carving).

Pazo of the Dukes of Patino : This is an urban manor house . It is said that this plot was at one time a tower that after successive modifications and arrangements evolved beautifully landscaped manor house of the late s . XVIII. Among the windows you can see a complex crowned blazon. The work as a whole topped with decorative elements graceful pyramidal base or pinnacles that ennoble the central courtyard formed by the main facades , chapel and a stone wall with doors enrejadas.La Patino family currently retains ownership of the manor and is closed to the public . ·

New Parish Church : This church was begun in 1965 and completed in 1976. It works characterized by hexagonal covered by a roof in the form of stepped pyramid . Construction costs carried out by collections, private donations and events held at the Yacht Club and film La Terraza since 1961.

Sculpture "Aviator Piñeiro" sculpture by Alfonso Vilar in 1970. important in the village of Sanxenxo and airman first Galician character. José Piñeiro González born in Ferrol in 1878. The first time he saw a small plane was in the celebrations of the Peregrina (Pontevedra) in 1911. The stunts performed surprised him so much that did not hesitate to sell their businesses and go to the French town of Pau and learn the domain of aircraft (there was 18 days). He came to astonish the director himself and returned to Sanxenxo. The arrival in Sanxenxo was tremendous and after jumping the news to the Galician press, Sanxenxo becomes center of attraction for the curious of its flights on Baltar Beach. It was very famous his "seagull flying" which consisted of touch with the wings of the aircraft the sea surface. His last exhibition was in 1921 at parties Ribadavia, during which he had an accident. Although this was not the only accident he suffered, this time his family got persuade him to leave the flight. After that, he settled in Sanxenxo, where he was elected mayor. A few years later, his son studies he moved to Santiago where he died in 1927. ·

Sculpture "Madama Silgar" Donated in 1995 by sculptor Alfonso Vilar, born in Vilalonga, located in Stone Corbeiro (Playa de Silgar). The sculpture is inspired by Celtic mythology and symbolizes the beauty of the sea. On his head is a form of "horns" in "V" with which represents the initial of the name of the sculptor. ·

Sculpture "Atlante" Work of Francisco Leiro and located in the Plaza del Mar on August 24, 2005. bronze sculpture weighing 20,000 kilos and measures 14 meters. This is a God who lived in the depths of the Atlantic Ocean, according to Greek mythology.


Church of San Pedro de Vilalonga: Data of s. XVIII, has a single nave divided cross cruise. Its facade has a Baroque bell tower. ·

Pazo El Revel is located beside the Pazo of the Pardo. It consists of two buildings built in different periods, the oldest of s. XVI. Over the years it was converted into a hotel. ·

Pazo de los Pardo: Data of s. XVI, it is a two-storey building in a "U". The estate includes a granary and a chapel in neoclassical style.

· Chapel of Santo Tomé: Small chapel of s. XVII, single rectangular nave, is located on top of a hill in the place of Gondar.


Church of Santa María de Adina: Temple built on another Romanesque the year 1,170 of the walls and the eaves are preserved. The chapel is the s. XVI and has a vault. Dorrón PARISH: ·

Church of San Juan de Dorrón: Built in 1764 on the remains of a Roman temple, of which remain today the walls and eaves of the ship. In its interior a baroque altarpiece of 1,775 and a Romanesque baptismal font. ·

Pazo de Bermúdez de la Maza: s Building. XV plant as "L", basement and a floor. There are still remains of a tower when the building was medieval structure. The farm has a barn with ten pillars. ·

Castro Dorrón: This is a fortified settlement belonging to the Iron Age (s III a.c. - d.c. I.) Bordons PARISH: · Church of San Pedro de Bordóns: s Chapel. XVIII, a single rectangular nave divided into three sections with external buttresses. Inside the temple is a Romanesque font.


Church of Santa Eulalia de Nantes: It was built in 1965 after downing a Romanesque temple. The chapel is single nave. ·

Chapel of Santo O: From s. XVI and single rectangular nave. In its main facade has a shield where oxen symbolizing those who brought the abbot of Nantes to facilitate construction are represented.

Maza House: Located in the valley of Santa Eulalia. Built in the s. XVI, the estate features a granary with seven pairs of pillars.


Church of San Estevo de Noalla: Its privileged situation gives magnificent views of the Ria de Pontevedra. Preserved Roman remains, although the belfry was added in the s. XVIII. ·

A Nosa Lady Chapel of Lanzada: The temple is late Romanesque style of s. XII, in its construction stones of an ancient chapel they were used. In the center of the nave of the chapel is suspended from the ceiling a miniature ship token of appreciation for the protection offered as a lawyer of the sailors. Also in this area remains of a medieval fortress preserved s. X, built by the Bishop of Iria Sisnando II to defend the lands of Santiago Arab and Norman invaders. ·

Archaeological remains of A Launched: Here it should be noted the discovery of a necropolis and castrate whose excavations began in the fifties. The data castro s. VIII a.c. while the tombs found in the necropolis for the s. III - IV d.c. · Pazo de Quintáns: Built in s. XVII, it is a building with ground in the form of "L". Surrounded by a magnificent wall ashlar granite worked very well; other elements of interest are a chapel of s. XVII and a large barn. · Chapel of San Juan de Aios: Small construction of s. XVIII - XIX of a single rectangular nave.

Padriñán PARISH: ·

Pazo de Padriñán or Viceroy: Data from the first half of the s. XVIII. Rectangular building with a bell tower in baroque style. There is a legend that a neighbor of Padriñán went to Pontevedra readying for salt and ended with Hernan Cortes to conquer Mexico, on his return he built this manor house that took the name of Viceroy. ·

Pazo de Miraflores: Built in the mid-s. XVIII, although it includes a tower s. XVII. The manor house was acquired by the family and there Pardo Bazan spent the summers of his childhood Galician writer Dña. Emilia Pardo Bazán.